index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Bug Report :: (11)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Nov 9 2004, 8:49 AM
 Bug ReportPost a Reply
 jifland

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

URGENT BIG PROBLEM with 2.4.65   Help Help Help

Only the first 110 fields are available in a table that has over 110 fields.  We have several tables with 135 fields and we expect at least a few new fields to be added to them in the future.  

Now that we've installed 2.4.65 our reports are not running.  We get a message saying the field name is invalid if the field follows the 110 field in the table.

Nov 10 2004, 5:29 AM
 Re: Bug ReportPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

WHen you click on the table name, how many fields appear in the initial report?

-------------------------
Ghost
Nov 10 2004, 6:17 AM
 jifland

Prior to release 2.4.65 the number of fields listed for the two tables was - tblEmp_Goals_New (98 fields) and tblEmp_Master (140 fields).  A total of 238 fields are both defined in the DB and listed in Rpt Wizard

After 2.4.65 the fields listed for the first table, tblEmp_Goals_New did not change, but only the first 129 fields in tblEmp_Master were listed.   Of the 140 fields defined in the DB only the first 229 of them were listed in the Rpt Wizard

Pre 2.4.65 there was no problem.  Post install 2.4.65 we get the following error:  Invalid column name SupervisorID.  SupervisorID is one of the fields no longer listed.

I have captured screen snapshots of the report results and the Rpt Wizard "Select the fields you wish to display" screens before and after 2.4.65 and pasted them into a word document.  If you want to see them let me know.

Thanks, Jeff      jeffifland@hrcgi.com

Nov 10 2004, 6:20 AM
 jifland

Minor typo in last message.

The 229 number should have been 129.

Jeff

Nov 10 2004, 8:42 AM
 ghost

When you click on the table name link of tblEmp_Master, how many fields are displayed?

Ghost
Nov 10 2004, 12:41 PM
 jifland

Many of our tables contain tens of thousands of records so we turn the table links off:

objWiz.TurnOffTableLinks = TRUE

If we click on the link for this table, tblemp_master, we couldn't set the server timeout long enough to get a result set returned.  So I can't answer your question.

I did ativate the links to see if that made any difference and it did not. Everything I described before remains the same.

Jeff

Nov 10 2004, 12:50 PM
 jifland

I set the objWiz.MaxRecords = 100 and clicked on the tblemp_master link.  It returned the same 129 fields mentioned in my previous message.

Any ideas?

Nov 10 2004, 3:28 PM
 ghost

Will try to replicate this first thing tomorrow.

thanx!

Ghost
Nov 11 2004, 5:42 AM
 ghost

I just created a table with 150 fields and added records.
When I click on the table link, all 150 fields appear.
When I build a report using this table and selecting all 150 fields, all 150 appear.

I created another table with 150 fields.
I built a report by selecting the two tables having 150 fields each.
My report had 300 fields.

You can check the following screen shot at the links below

http://www.cityjams.com/uploads/uploads/table150.gif

http://www.cityjams.com/uploads/uploads/table150_2.gif

Ghost
Nov 11 2004, 6:31 AM
 jifland

Ghost,

I installed 2.4.65 on the production server and this problem does not exist.  So this isn't a problem with your product, it is our problem.

It has to be how we set the ASP Rpt Wizard properties in our test and dev environment.  The properties are dynamically changed in the application depending on the URL used to get to the Web Server, the User authorization, the databases the user is authorized to see, etc.  This tells us who the user is and if they are going against the test or the production system.

Your support is always of the highest quality and I know you are busy so please accept my apology for wasting your time.

Egg on our face!  Jeff

Nov 12 2004, 10:06 AM
 ghost

Hi Jeff,
That bug has been fixed as of version 2.4.68 which was released today.

thanx!

Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: