index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Bug Report :: (5)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Nov 8 2004, 2:09 PM
 Bug ReportPost a Reply
 jifland

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Two Bugs and One Request   ALL ARE IMPORTANT

Bug 1
When you link two tables (Table A and Table B) that have some fields with the same names, and you select a field to display from Table B, the field with the same name in Table A is also displayed.  

Bug 2
We have a field name "JobCodeGeneric"  which is followed by a field named "JobCode".  When you select "JobCode" you get the correct data but the field sequence screen and the column header display "JobCodeGeneric".  Looks like there is some kind of a string compare that is too short.

REQUEST
Could you include the summary lines in the data exported?  Could this be set up to be an option that the user could choose.  Sometimes you want the summary data rows and sometimes you don't.

Note:  The two bugs listed above have been reported before and I thought that they had been fixed at one time.  If you have any questions feel free to call me at (813) 309-3910.

Thanks, Jeff

Nov 8 2004, 3:09 PM
 Re: Bug ReportPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Will check and let u know

thanx!

-------------------------
Ghost
Nov 10 2004, 6:09 AM
 ghost

Just tested with version 2.4.65

Bug 1  - Could not be reproduced. Try creating a new report taving tables with the same names and let me know if you get this error

Bug 2  - This was a known bug I think has been fixed. Try using the latest version.

REQUEST  - Will have to check if this functionality can be added.

Ghost
Nov 11 2004, 4:47 AM
 jifland

Your reply mentioned that you could not recreate the first bug, but you mentioned tables with the same names.  Hopefully you ment tables with the same field names.  Just in case there was a mis communication an example follows.

You create a new report  using the following two tables.

Table 1 has fields    FLD1 FLD2 FLD3 FLD4 FLD5
Table 2 has fields    FLD1 FLD2 FLD3 FLD4 FLD5

You link them  [Table1].[FLD1] =[Table2].[FLD1]  and then select FLD1, FLD2, FLD3, and FLD5 from Table2 to be in the report,  When you run the report you will get the following columns of data in your report

FLD1 FLD2 FLD3 FLD5 FLD1 FLD2 FLD3 FLD5

The first set of fields/columns comes from Table1 (but you didn't select them) and the second set from Table2.  After you run the report you can click on Build Report and deselect these Table1 fields and the report runs correctly..

If you then click on Build Report again you will find the the fields from Table1 have been checked again for inclusion in the report.  

This is consistent and very easy to recreate.  

Thanks, Jeff

Nov 11 2004, 6:06 AM
 ghost

I created the tables and selected the fields like you suggested but could not reproduce your error. You can check the following screen shots

create tables
select tables
select fields
generate report

If you then click on Build Report again you will find the the fields from Table1 have been checked again for inclusion in the report.  

This bug will be fixed by the next minor release due tomorrow.

Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: