index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Table Links Control :: (3)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Aug 17 2004, 1:51 PM
 Table Links ControlPost a Reply
 jifland

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Just sent an urgent email message to support asking if there is a way to toggle the table links on and off.  Better yet a way to activate or deactivate the links for specific tables.  This is needed because we are running against a SQL Server DB that has about 8 gig of data in it and some of the tables have more than 80000 records.  Big records I might add.  

Another option would be to have a timeout value that can be set/configured to prevent run away queries.

I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation so far.

Any ideas?email me

Aug 17 2004, 2:35 PM
 Re: Table Links ControlPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We will try to implement a method by which you can set the maximum number of records returned - hopefully by tomorrow's release (v2.4.28).

You hide a table or view, use the HiddenTable property of the report wizard. For more information check out the following link:
Hiding Tables, Views, Reports & Fields

Also, one of the things that might slow the report wizard is when to many permissions are set between the webserver and the database. We usally recomend hiding sensitive tables & views and using a connection string with admin/owner previllages.

-------------------------
Ghost
Aug 18 2004, 9:14 AM
 Re: Table Links ControlPost a Reply
 ghost

We have added the functionality of setting the maximum number of records returned. This can be done using the MaxRecords property of the report wizard as follows:

objWiz.MaxRecords = 50000

Check out the new release: v2.4.31

thanx!

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: