index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: New Release Issues :: (14)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Jul 19 2004, 11:05 AM
 New Release IssuesPost a Reply
 scotthibbs

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

I just downloaded the latest release and it looks great.  There is a lot in the release that will really make this effective for us. We have a number of customers (domains) that will want to use it, so I will have to convince them to pay for a license, but I expect to buy a single license for development/demo use right away.

Can I assume that all the references to ASPWebSolutions will dissapear
in the purchased product?  Also the graphic in the Word Document?

Still have a couple of small problems:
  1) The HTML output is still ragged on the report selection. The report
       output is fine.  Is there any way to programatically tell that I am on
       the report selection, so I can add '</td></tr></table>'?
  2) The Word download link works fine...even though I get two dialog
       boxes for some reason.  All the others fail, also with two dialog
       boxes displayed.  In all cases, it's trying to open a local file (C:\......).
  3) When I select the Build Report link on an already displayed report,
       the dialog box shows 'Type Mismatch' and if I remove the last
       column from the report and finish the report, I get : '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL
       Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot use empty object or column names.
       Use a single space if necessary.' Once this happens, the report is not
       displayable...it must be deleted and recreated....same message as above
       otherwise.

That's what I found so far.   Still......great job on the new functions.

By the way, when I asked for the report width feature, I was confused
by the ragged HTML....didn't know about it.  The object works fine when
put in a higher level container.

Jul 19 2004, 11:10 AM
 Re: New Release IssuesPost a Reply
 scotthibbs

Sorry......don't mean to be a pest.  Can we change the text on the report selection page?  Can't seem to find that.  We would like it to say 'Data Sources' or something like that.

Also, might be nice to show the borders for the tables....seems kind of odd to me...or some way to reformat the output.  That's not too important to me, just would be nice.

Jul 19 2004, 1:33 PM
 scotthibbs

A couple more:

1) There is no 'is equal to' option on the filter selection.  There are
       2 'is not equal to' options.
  2) Filter are not working for our views.  We make column names
       easy for users to understand in our application....like 'Equipment ID',
       not 'EquipmentID'.  The embedded space seems to be throwing
       you off.  I don't know your code, but you probable need to
       add [ ] to names as you build the SQL.  We also have some tables
       and views with embedded spaces....like [Equipment Data]...a view.
       In these case the object is sending back:
               Your filter is invalid!
               Equipment ID LIKE '%1%'

Jul 20 2004, 9:44 AM
 scotthibbs

With the licensed version, the behavior of the download links is different....but none of them work.  First you get a File Download Dialog.....I click Open. The I immediately get an error....."Internet Explorer cannot download quick_reports.asp from www.secure.webview2000.com"  quick_reports.asp is the page that contains your object

Jul 20 2004, 11:42 AM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We have just released version 2.4.03 and it features some bug fixes

Can I assume that all the references to ASPWebSolutions will dissapear
in the purchased product?  Also the graphic in the Word Document?

The references to ASPWebSolutions have been removed for the licensed version including the graphic in the word document.
Also remember to set your application's global title as follows:

<%
objWiz.Title = "ACME Reporting solution"
%>

The HTML output is still ragged on the report selection. The report  output is fine.  Is there any way to programatically tell that I am on the report selection, so I can add '</td></tr></table>'?

I belive the HTML output has been fixed. Let me know if you have any more problems

The Word download link works fine...even though I get two dialog boxes for some reason.  All the others fail, also with two dialog boxes displayed.  In all cases, it's trying to open a local file (C:\......).

We could not reproduce this problem, maybe you should try saving your reports first. Also, try to clear your windows temp folder.

When I select the Build Report link on an already displayed report, the dialog box shows 'Type Mismatch' and if I remove the last column from the report and finish the report, I get : '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot use empty object or column names. Use a single space if necessary.'  Once this happens, the report is not displayable...it must be deleted and recreated....same message as above otherwise.

I'm nort sure but it seems your database has not been recognized. Can you please show me your connection string!

-------------------------
Ghost
Jul 20 2004, 11:44 AM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

1) There is no 'is equal to' option on the filter selection.  There are
       2 'is not equal to' options.

I belive this bug has been fixed in version 2.4. Let me know if you are having anymore problems

2) Filter are not working for our views.  We make column names
       easy for users to understand in our application....like 'Equipment ID',
       not 'EquipmentID'.  The embedded space seems to be throwing
       you off.  I don't know your code, but you probable need to
       add [ ] to names as you build the SQL.  We also have some tables
       and views with embedded spaces....like [Equipment Data]...a view.
       In these case the object is sending back:
               Your filter is invalid!
               Equipment ID LIKE '%1%'

I'm nort sure but it seems your database has not been recognized. Can you please show me your connection string!

Ghost
Jul 20 2004, 11:46 AM
 ghost

With the licensed version, the behavior of the download links is different....but none of them work.  First you get a File Download Dialog.....I click Open. The I immediately get an error....."Internet Explorer cannot download quick_reports.asp from www.secure.webview2000.com"  quick_reports.asp is the page that contains your object

Try saving your reports first. Also, try to clear your windows temp folder because IE cannot open downloaded files if your temp folder is full.

Ghost
Jul 20 2004, 11:50 AM
 scotthibbs

Thanks......I will download the latest version and retest.

The Work, Excel, etc. download problem seems to be related to the
ragged HTML.  I am not sure what was going on, but I will see what happens with the latest code.

Jul 20 2004, 12:34 PM
 scotthibbs

Tried 4.2.03.  

On ragged HTML....the report selection format.....where you select tables....run reports etc....still has badly formatted HTML which throws off the rest of my page.  I started to take it apart, but got lost when I found two </tr>'s in a row.

Here's the source from the page:
<link type="text/css" href="\_includes\quickreport.css" rel="stylesheet"><table border="0" width=""><tr><td valign=top><script language="javascript">function __doPostBack(args){var f=document.AWSReportWizard;f.__ARGS.value=args;f.submit();}function __POPWIN(f){var w=500;var h=300;var LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;var TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;var settings = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars=0,resizable=1';var t='';for(var i=0;i<f.check1.length;i++){if(f.check1[i].checked){t += ',' + f.check1[i].value;}}if(t==''){if(f.check1.checked){t=f.check1.value}else{alert('You must select at least 1 table\nbefore you can build a report.');return;}}var win = window.open("/quick_reports.asp?args="+ f.__ARGS.value + "&t=" + t + "&a=p","wizard",settings);}function ___doPostBack(erid){var w=500;var h=300;var LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;var TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;var settings = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars=0,resizable=1';var win = window.open("/quick_reports.asp?et=&a=p","wizard",settings);}function ___ESPN(sp){var w=500;var h=300;var LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;var TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;var settings = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars=0,resizable=1';var win = window.open("/quick_reports.asp?sp="+ sp +"&a=p","wizard",settings);}</script><form name="AWSReportWizard" method="post" action="/quick_reports.asp"><table border="0" cellpadding="3"><tr><td valign="top"><table width="100%"><tr><th class=header_cell  align="left">Allowed Tables</th></tr><tr><td><a class=link_button href=" /quick_reports.asp?t=IBGKwXcHdkVxdWlwbWVudCAg">vEquipment</a></td><td><input type=checkbox name=check1 value="vEquipment"></td></tr><tr><td><a class=link_button href=" /quick_reports.asp?t=AV42lfuqdkVxdWlwbWVudEF0dHJpYnV0ZXMg">vEquipmentAttributes</a></td><td><input type=checkbox name=check1 value="vEquipmentAttributes"></td></tr></tr></table><div align=right><input type=button value='Build Report' onclick="__POPWIN(this.form)"><input type=hidden name=tables></div><input type=hidden name=__ARGS value=""></form></td><td valign="top"><table width="100%" border=0><tr><th width="100%" class=header_cell  align=left>Reports</th><td nowrap align=right><a class=link_button href="/quick_reports.asp?a=n" title='Add a new group'>New Group</a></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%"><tr><td class="group_title"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?a=n&gi=ENG&gn=Engineering" title="Edit group title" class="group_title">Engineering</a></td></tr><tr><td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="98%"><tr class="report_title"><td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="true" rowspan="2">  1.</td><td class="report_desc" width="100%"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?rid=4072014414" class="report_title">Jeff's bogus report</a></td><td align="right" nowrap="true"><a href="#" title="delete this report" onclick="if(confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this report?')){window.location='/quick_reports.asp?a=d&id=4072014414'}"><font class="delete">x</font></a></td></tr></table></td></tr><tr><td class="group_title"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?a=n&gi=&gn=General Reports" title="Edit group title" class="group_title">General Reports</a></td></tr><tr><td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="98%"><tr class="report_title"><td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="true" rowspan="2">  1.</td><td class="report_desc" width="100%"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?rid=4072012136" class="report_title">Equipment</a></td><td align="right" nowrap="true"><a href="#" title="delete this report" onclick="if(confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this report?')){window.location='/quick_reports.asp?a=d&id=4072012136'}"><font class="delete">x</font></a></td></tr></table><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="98%"><tr class="report_title"><td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="true" rowspan="2">  2.</td><td class="report_desc" width="100%"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?rid=4072012345" class="report_title">Equipment Attributes</a></td><td align="right" nowrap="true"><a href="#" title="delete this report" onclick="if(confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this report?')){window.location='/quick_reports.asp?a=d&id=4072012345'}"><font class="delete">x</font></a></td></tr></table></td></tr><tr><td class="group_title"><a href="/quick_reports.asp?a=n&gi=OPS&gn=Operations" title="Edit group title" class="group_title">Operations</a></td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table><title>Quick Report</title>

Jul 20 2004, 12:40 PM
 scotthibbs

Filters still not working with 4.2.03.
      Your filter is invalid!
      Equipment Id = 1

Looks as if the where being build is like 'Where Equipment ID = 1', not 'Where [Equipment ID] = 1'.......but I don't know what your code looks like.

Here's the connection string:
   objWiz.Init("Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={SQL Server};Server=" & Session("Server") & ";Database=" & Session("Database") & ";User ID=" & Application("UID") & ";Password=" & Application("PWD") & ";")

Jul 20 2004, 2:07 PM
 ghost

WE have just published a newer version version 2.4.06 which should fix this problem. The problem is, your database format was not being interpreted as SQL Server. Also, the table tags have been added. This is because UseTables uses a different set of instructions which we hadly ever pay attention to.

Hope this helps

Ghost
Jul 21 2004, 7:44 AM
 scotthibbs

Thanks...I will try the new version.

We added underscores to all our views to avoid the issue.  I don't to plague you with too many complains.

The issue that is really a problem is the HTML formatting.  Hope that's fixed.

Jul 21 2004, 12:37 PM
 scotthibbs

Excellent!!!!   HTML formatting seems perfect so far.

What a truly useful tool.  This is great.  I am sure my clients will
love it......I'll be sure to let you know.

I have found a few small things and have a couple suggestions.
I don't want to overstay my welcome though.  I will open a new
thread after I have fully tested.

Thanks again!

Jul 21 2004, 12:55 PM
 ghost

Cool!

Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: