Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Incorrectly Formatted HTML :: (4)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Jun 8 2004, 9:08 AM
 Incorrectly Formatted HTMLPost a Reply
 karena

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

since: Jan 16, 2004

I have noticed as i look at the html code generated by the wizard that it is badly formatted html.  there are </tr> tags missing, out of order </table> tags, missing </form> tags, text in between <tr> and <td> tags and premature </html> tags and other mistakes.  As a result when i wrap the report into my page my site footer doesnt show consistently and the asp report wizard footer appears at the top of the page and other oddities.  Correctly formatted html with all opening and closing tags is this something that makes it easier to integrate into another site in a modular sense.  Can that be reviewed and corrected?  Am i the only one seeing this?  I really appreciate all your hard work on this product!

Jun 8 2004, 11:07 AM
 Re: Incorrectly Formatted HTMLPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

This matter will be looked and will be updated as we release newer versions.

-------------------------
Ghost
Jun 29 2004, 2:50 PM
 karena

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

since: Jan 16, 2004

Thank you for looking into it.  I have had to add a random HTML line below the calling of the DisplayReports to make up for the html generated by the program.  My line is "</td></tr></table>" since there is an open ended table in the code that is tearing my page apart. That seems to be working for now.

Also, there are html attributes assigned in the code that are not enclosed in quotes.  this can potentially be a problem.  

Ex: <select name=search_field> instead of <select name="search_field">

One more suggestion.  The class names used for formatting the report are a bit generic.  Why not add a proprietary prefix to them or put them in a container so the styles do not interfere with other styles on the page?
For example,

<tr class="item">   could be   <tr class="AWS_item">

or

<tr class="footer"> could be <tr class="AWS_footer">

Names like "item" and "footer" are very common and i was already using them so they are all mixing up their styles.

Food for thought....

Jun 30 2004, 5:09 AM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Thanks for the suggestions.
I will see into it that the next release has most of these fixes.

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: