index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: stopping huge requests :: (5)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Jun 7 2004, 12:35 PM
 stopping huge requestsPost a Reply
 holyschmidt

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

I see a big request gives the server quite a hit, especially when someone selects a table. How can I prevent this from happening or is there a way to control if a request exceeds a number of records?

Jun 7 2004, 1:56 PM
 Re: stopping huge requestsPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Can you be a little clearer,
Also list your
database type,
table name,
number of fields,
number of records,
and also if you are behind a firewall

-------------------------
Ghost
Jun 10 2004, 8:20 AM
 latitude

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

The Latest Version should have a Default "page size" on teh Title & descripton page of the builder, of 10. Put anything but "0" in this and the query will only return the number of records indicated by page size with the ability to select next set to scroll through the complete result set.

If you find another way I would be interested as well.

Latitude7ds

Jun 11 2004, 2:16 PM
 holyschmidt

My database is SQL Server...
the tables I am concerned about have anywhere between 100 and a million records. I don't want a user to click a table with a million records and make the web server go to a crawl while it attempts to build the request.
And my firewall is a Firebox 1000

Jun 14 2004, 5:46 AM
 whichman

You can prevent you users from clicking on tables by hidding the tables or showing only the reports by seting a user-access security. For more information, check out the following article:
http://www.aspwebsolution.com/products/report_wizard/t_security.htm

-------------------------
Master of the Game
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: