index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Summary Report Options :: (2)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
May 28 2004, 5:19 PM
 Summary Report OptionsPost a Reply
 Latitude7ds

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

Do you have any detailed instructions on the Summary Options and Graph options in the Report Wizard Dialog?

I select Summary only and I still get the Grid with Values as well as the summaries.
I select Summary Report Type and Select AVG, STDDEV, & VAR for All Fields and I get a row at the bottom labeled "Average" with Seperate Record Header Sets for all Columns with (AVG), (STDDEV), & (VAR). But the Value in teh Average row seems to be the Average an not the Seperate Summarie items.
I select Graph under Summary Report or Add Graph With Summary Items and I get a Graph with ALL Records Not just a Graph of the Averages or other Summary Items.

These Features are awsome but difficult to understand how to use them correctly.

Latitude

May 31 2004, 6:46 AM
 Re: Summary Report OptionsPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We are actually working hard to improve the dialog wizard...by v2.5 we should have a more simple/easy-to-use report wizard dialog box.

• I select Summary only and I still get the Grid with Values as well as the summaries.

This is actuially a bug and would be fixed soon

• I select Summary Report Type and Select AVG, STDDEV, & VAR for All Fields and I get a row at the bottom labeled "Average" with Seperate Record Header Sets for all Columns with (AVG), (STDDEV), & (VAR). But the Value in teh Average row seems to be the Average an not the Seperate Summarie items.

For the summary reports, AVG, STDDEV  & VAR etc will compute the aggregate values of the columns you selected. The Average, Total computes the avarages and totals of the columns & rows displayed. For more information on aggregate reports, please check out our online tutorial on Aggregate Reports located at the following url: http://www.aspwebsolution.com/products/report_wizard/t_grpby.htm

• I select Graph under Summary Report or Add Graph With Summary Items and I get a Graph with ALL Records Not just a Graph of the Averages or other Summary Items.

Many users also find this confusing that is why we are working hard to make it more simple.
    The wizard analyzes all columns and displays all numeric columns in the graph with the exception of the legend column.
    Note that each of these options will generate a column each in the report. So if all you want is the average purchase of all orders (grouped by order id), all you have to select is the AVG of the UnitPrice and column set the OrderID column as the legend column

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: