Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Perfomances problem :: (5)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
May 10 2004, 3:22 AM
 Perfomances problemPost a Reply
 rael

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

Hi all,
this dll look feel for use in my organization, but...
my web server is IIS 6.0 on Win2003 server, P4 2.8 Ghz, 1 GB ram,  used only for fileserver and icq groupware server and i have serious performances problem with ms-access tables.
The first table have 11300 records but i spent 10 and more seconds for view a page.
The second table have 90000 records. Too much time for see reports ad often IIS have consumed all time-out.
How about that performances? What i have to do for resolve this problems?
Another question: if a table have two consecutive "null field" (anyway initialized with BLANK) the report stop and i see a partial report.

Sorry for my bad english and good work.

Rael

May 11 2004, 8:23 AM
 Re: Perfomances problemPost a Reply
 whichman

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Buon giorno Rael
I have not been able to recreate your problem because our webservers is an IIS 6.0 running on Win2003. However, I will continue testing.
In the meantime why don't you make sure that this is not a Network problem you are having.

You can do this with a Network trace tool like Network Monitor, included with Windows Server 2003.  
You take a sniff of the network traffic while you're making the request that is "slow", and you can look at the network traffic to see if it's the network that is slow, or you're making extra network round-trips for some reason, etc.

Also you might want to make sure that this is not an issue with too many security check points on IIS 6.0. As you probably know, Win2003 is locked-down by default especially when you are COM objects from ASP pages.

You can reduce these security check points as follows:
  • Give everyone full control to the AWSReportWizard2.dll so as to reduce security checks ... don't worry this component is Sand-baxed and can only access your database thru the connection string and the only file is can see is the reports.xml file.
    For more information on the AWSReportWizard.dll file system security check out the following link: http://aspwebsolution.com/products/report_wizard/t_security.htm

• Also if your ACCESS database is not on a highly secure network drive the amount of verifications will be increased. Try testing it with a local database and then with a network database to see if there is any performance diffenrence.
Another question: if a table have two consecutive "null field" (anyway initialized with BLANK) the report stop and i see a partial report.
This bug has been fixed and is available in the current version. You can download a copy from the following URL
http://aspwebsolution.com/products/report_wizard/download.htm

Let me know if these help.

Grazie

Tanwani

-------------------------
Master of the Game
May 12 2004, 12:21 AM
 rael

:wink:
Hi team,
i have, anyway, latest release and the "nulls" fields problem is still a problem.
If i fill the fields with any characters (not blank) the query run ok. What to do for resolve the problem?
Second problem: i have, in another folder of web server, installed the "very-very-old" version of Asp report Wizard released in asp script (maybe release 0.3? downloaded from planet-source-script) and using the "interpreted" script the query on 11000 records goes very fast.
Why  Aspwebwizard2.dll dont run fast like the old-version?
A new question: to create the first report i have to see on web the intere access-db before i can click upon "build new report" because the apps say:
"You must select at least 1 table before u can build a report" but i have select the field near the table-name. What to do?

Regards,

rael

May 12 2004, 12:34 AM
 rael

Hi,
sorry for a new post, but i have discovered by Task Manager that when the report run "low" is because the W3WP.exe program "eat" CPU at 100%.
If this can help you...

Regards,

Rael

May 12 2004, 9:17 AM
 whichman

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Hi,
I'm still looking into your problem but can you in the mean time check out this utility (free) IIS State to futher diagnose the problem.

http://www.iis-resources.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=15&lid=262

-------------------------
Master of the Game
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: