index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: SQL Server Connection String Issue? :: (2)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Nov 6 2008, 1:34 PM
 SQL Server Connection String Issue?Post a Reply
 dcampos

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

since: Nov 5, 2008

I've had this problem for a couple of days now and I have tried several different connection strings and the default.asp is still not producing a list of all my tables.  This is the error that is produced with the "Build Report" button is clicked:

'check1.length' is null or not an object

I am using the following code:

<%
  Dim objWiz  
  Set objWiz = Server.CreateObject("AspWebSolution.ReportWizard2")  

'Make sure you initialize before adding any HTML text
objWiz.Init("provider=sqloledb;server=SERVERNAME;uid=sa;pwd=XXX;database=Database Name;")  

%>

<%
'put this where you want your reports
objWiz.DisplayReports      
  Set objWiz =  Nothing  
%>  

This connection string does work because I have tried it on another test page and I was able to connect to the SQL Server.  One problem may be that I'm connecting two servers together in order to make this work.  I have a web server and an SQL Server.  I have tested this with an ACCESS DB on the same web server and the report page worked just fine.  The only thing that I can assume is that there may be a problem with the two servers talking, but I know that it is not a network issue since my test page pulled down information just fine with the same exact connection string.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 10 2008, 7:32 AM
 Re: SQL Server Connection String Issue?Post a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

try this:

objWiz.DatabaseType = "SQLServer"

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: