index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: IE returns Error 500 on Windows 2k3 virtual server :: (2)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Mar 15 2007, 2:02 PM
 IE returns Error 500 on Windows 2k3 virtual serverPost a Reply
 ay

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

since: Mar 15, 2007

Hi,

I could not get the ASP web solution to work on Windows Server 2k3 which I have setup in the virtual server. As a simple test, I was trying to run the demo, but apparently the following line seems to be causing IE to return internal error 500:

objWiz.Init("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" & Server.MapPath("../data/sample.mdb") & ";")

If I commented out the line, the page would display with the the list of report and an error message saying data source name can not be found.

I also tried to test the connection with ADODB object and the connection works fine.

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated!

Mar 15 2007, 9:24 PM
 Re: IE returns Error 500 on Windows 2k3 virtual...Post a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Try using the remote path just to make sure that it exists e.g.
objWiz.Init("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=C:\inetpub\wwwroot\data\sample.mdb;")

Or just create a dummy text file (test_db.asp) , add the code below into the file, drop it into the same folder as your reports file and run it to see if the connection works.

---- test_db.asp ---

<%
  Dim objConn
  Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
  objConn.Open "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE= "&     Server.MapPath("../data/sample.mdb") & ";"
  objConn.Close
  Set objConn =  Nothing
%>

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: