Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Some stored procedures are missing :: (3)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Dec 29 2006, 6:41 PM
 Some stored procedures are missingPost a Reply
 rrobet

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

since: Dec 11, 2006

Hi, ASp report wizard is just amazing but shockingly some of the stored procedures are missing in the report.

To check it properly, I created a new stored procedure name it "new", set the permission to execute for public, refreshed the DB, just to be on the safe side, I have even clear cache, close all internet browsers and re-open again, the "new" SP is not appearing in the report wizard. tables and views are OK. meaning newly created tables and views are being shown...

I have even double tripple checked the syntax of the SP. Please help me!!!....

Dec 30 2006, 4:27 PM
 Re: Some stored procedures are missingPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We use the generic “dbo” account to query SQL Server for the stored procedures as shown below:

SELECT [NAME] FROM dbo.SYSOBJECTS WHERE XTYPE='P' AND STATUS>0 ORDER BY 1

If the above statement does not return all your stored procedures, you can change it by using the DatabaseProceduresQuery property of the report wizard which will be available in the next minor release due tomorrow (Friday 3rd August 3, 2006). AS follows:

objWiz.DatabaseProceduresQuery = “SELECT NAME FROM SYSOBJECTS WHERE XTYPE='P' AND STATUS>0 ORDER BY 1”

Alternatively, you can programatically set the stored procedures you want displayed by use of the UseProcedures property. For example:

<%
objWiz.UseProcedures = "Procedure1,@Param1='Value1',@Param2='Value2'|Proc2,@P1=10,@P2='V2'"
objWiz.Init(Connection String)

%>

This property automatically sets the stored procedures to be used with their parameters and as such, users cannot edit the parameter values

-------------------------
Ghost
Jan 2 2007, 4:08 PM
 Re: Some stored procedures are missingPost a Reply
 rrobet

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

since: Dec 11, 2006

Thank you so much for your help...

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: