index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Saving a report file programatically? :: (9)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Jun 1 2006, 5:40 AM
 Saving a report file programatically?Post a Reply
 scotthibbs

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

A user requested functionality to automatically run and email a file created by the wizard.  We can handle the scheduling and email aspects, but is there any way to programatically run a report by name and save it as a PDF (or other format)? Any other client ever request this?

Jul 7 2006, 7:03 AM
 Re: Saving a report file programatically?Post a Reply
 scotthibbs

No response to this question...posted over a month ago.

Jul 7 2006, 9:47 AM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Actually, a lot of customers have requested this functionality but at this point we cannot add any more functionality to v2.0. This would be present in version 3 which should be out in Beta next month.

thanx for your patience!

-------------------------
Ghost
Jul 7 2006, 9:56 AM
 scotthibbs

Thank you.  We look forward to the next version.

Oct 7 2006, 7:15 AM
 scotthibbs

Any word on Version 3?

I have users constantly pestering me to be able to save a report and have it emailed.

I would be willing to try Beta code, without expectation that it would be 100% of course.

Oct 13 2006, 6:14 PM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Scott,
I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with all the current delays. I was hoping I will have some good news for you by today, but that didn't happen. The wizard is really holding us back but I guarantee you, I will deliver a beta version before the end of this month. Belive me, you will not be disappointed, the product will be worh the wait.

I promise the Report Wizard v3.0 (code named 'The Revolution') will be ready before the end of October 2006.

And that's my word.

thanks for your patience...

the ghost.

Ghost
Oct 15 2006, 7:35 PM
 scotthibbs

Thanks for the reply.

We eagerly wait for your next version.  It's a great product now and we hope the next will be even better.

Our users are enthusiastic about the product.....that's why they keep pestering us for new features.

Nov 1 2006, 7:23 PM
 ghost

Please check out the following link: http://aspwebsolution.com/forums/?tid=2146

Thanks for your patience...

Ghost
Sep 6 2007, 5:51 AM
 scotthibbs

This functionality was supposed to be available in the .NET version.  My users have been waiting for this for many, many months. Since the ASP.NET version seems to be indefinitely delayed, has any thought been given to just continue to provide quality support to the existing version?  I am sure other users are just becoming frustrated with this product...I know I am.  Delays are understandable for a small company...but nearly a year????? That is not normal and makes us question whether support is really there.  It's not a matter of money....I would gladly pay a support fee...even up to buying the product again...just to get some of the promised functionality.

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: