index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Users getting message that License Has Expired :: (6)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Mar 10 2006, 2:56 PM
 Users getting message that License Has ExpiredPost a Reply
 jifland

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We have a corporate license for the report wizard and on one of the servers the users get the message that "Your free version of the ASP Report Wizard has expired.  For a new copy, please visit ........".  When I use it it works fine.

The users sit behind a firewall and I provide support cross country and and must access the server and application via a VPN connection.  When I use it the HTTP_Host value is 165.157.19.115 but when the local users access the application the value is either "prapas" or "PRAPAS".  

If the users access the application via the IP then the Report Wizard works fine but that is not an option for the normal end user they are redirected to the application via a application menu, which we have NO CONTROL over so we don't have the option of changing it sothey use the IP.  Besides we wouldn't want to do that anyway because then we couldn't move the app in the event of a failure without changing the menu.

Here is the code we are using and I don't see anything wrong with it.  In fact I removed the IF logic that checks the HTTP_HOst value all together and just set the objWiz.LincenseKey  and it still does not work.  

Any ideas,  Jeff

If Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_Host") = "165.157.19.115" or Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_Host") = "prapas" or Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_Host") = "PRAPAS" then

'Set Lincense Key for SCRIPPS
    objWiz.LincenseKey = ("AP7L-16AP-218Y-T20M-525Z")

Mar 10 2006, 4:21 PM
 Re: Users getting message that License Has ExpiredPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

what is the domain name for the license that works?
what is the domain name for the license that DOES NOT work?

-------------------------
Ghost
Mar 12 2006, 4:35 PM
 jifland

The IP address work fine.

We have one public domain name PRAPASHR.com

But that is not used on the internal network for users behind the firewall we use PRAPAS or prapas which both resolve the the IP address previously mentioned.

So is the issue that the report writer is checking the domain name to see if we are licensed?  If so then we will need to add PRAPAS to our valid domain names for our license.  But we do not own or use that domain name outside of our internal network.

If we have a corporate license why is this being done anyway.  

Thanks, Jeff

Mar 13 2006, 5:08 AM
 ghost

So you want a license for http://prapas/ ?

Ghost
Mar 13 2006, 5:15 AM
 jifland

I believe the answer is yes.

So we must only use URLs (domain names) on our Intranet that will match one of the following?

the specific IP
prapashr
or
prapas

The assumption being that you add "prapas" to that list.

Jeff

Mar 13 2006, 12:57 PM
 ghost

Your new license for prapas has been sent.

Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: