index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Calendar Utility :: (6)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Oct 24 2005, 7:06 AM
 Calendar UtilityPost a Reply
 MindTelligent

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

since: May 10, 2005

Greetings,
  Most of the filters on our reports are based on dates we have in our application database. We have a requirement from one of our users to have a calendar (java script/vb scripts/windows...). Once on clicking the dates on the calendar, the filter value text box parameter can be set up with the date.
Please let us know if this is possbile.

Oct 24 2005, 7:34 AM
 Re: Calendar UtilityPost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

We will add the Link to another report option to date fields (wizard dialog - Add captions (aliases) to field names screen) by the next build due before the end of this week.
You will be able to link the date field on one report to the parameter of another report. Thus clicking on the date field will navigate to the other report with the date value being used as a parameter.

-------------------------
Ghost
Nov 1 2005, 9:11 AM
 whichman

This feature is now available as of the current release, version 2.5.94

thanx for your patience!

Master of the Game
Nov 9 2005, 7:03 PM
 MindTelligent

By Adding "Link to another Report", I can navigate from one report to another. For some reason, I am unable to set the parameter properly in the second report; The second report shows the records for all the dates and not for the date that I selected.

I am sure there is something I am missing. Can you please help

Nov 10 2005, 6:13 AM
 ghost

The second report should have a request filter on the date field (e.g. ?OrderDate) and the calling report should use the name of this parameter when linking to the second report.
Follow the link below to see an example:

http://www.aspwebsolution.com/products/report_wizard/demos/nwind.asp?rid=5111009037

Ghost
Nov 12 2005, 4:16 PM
 MindTelligent

Thanks I was able to make this work.

However, there seems to be a bug. When in the calling report, I chose select "DISTINCT"  while creating a filter. The hyperlinks in the calling report cease to work. Hence does not allow me to navigate to the linked report.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: