index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Where did the graphing go? :: (7)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Nov 24 2004, 8:42 AM
 Where did the graphing go?Post a Reply
 Darin

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

When did the wizard change?  I can no longer see the screen that gives me the option to insert a graph into a report.  What's up?!?

Nov 24 2004, 10:10 AM
 Re: Where did the graphing go?Post a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

You get options to add a graph if your table has a numeric field.
i.e. You need at lest one field of numeric type to be able to get graphing options

-------------------------
Ghost
Nov 24 2004, 10:17 AM
 Darin

I am using a stored procedure that does have multple numeric types and I see no option to create a graph.

The stored procedure pulls records from a view with multple columns with aliased names if this information is useful.

Dec 2 2004, 2:12 PM
 Darin

Bump

Dec 3 2004, 8:49 AM
 whichman

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

Stored procedures in the current version of the ASP Report Wizard have a limited functionality and never supported graphing

-------------------------
Master of the Game
Dec 3 2004, 8:55 AM
 Darin

So you are saying, that in order to graph, I HAVE to use a plain jane view or table?

Let me tell  you, that won't cut it.  Views in Sql Server can't contain any advanced logic, and can accept no paramaters.  In order to implement the security we need, we have to pass infromation to filter data.  The filters implemented in the report wizard will not work for this.  We have to create a result set on the fly, based on the user number and security level, and we can't create a view for each particular user in the system.

Is this something that can be changed?

Dec 3 2004, 2:15 PM
 Darin

We are also having trouble when we click on a column heading to sort by that column.  This is the error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ORDER'.

We also REALLY need to be able to graph using stored procedures.  Is it possible to get this in a future release?

Thanks.

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: